Scarecrow costume for Halloween
is amongst the most popular ones. Check out ideas on homemade
scarecrow Halloween costume for Halloween.
Scarecrow Halloween Costume
There are many ways to celebrate the festival of Halloween, one of
which is a costume party. Costume party is an excellent way of merry
making and enjoying on the festive day. The custom of dressing in spooky
costumes, for Halloween, is very popular amongst people. The usual trend
involves wearing traditional costumes like those of witches, ghosts and
other supernatural beings. People dress up differently and want to carry
a wicked outlook for the party. The scarecrow costume is also one of the
scary ways of dressing up for a Halloween party. One more reason to
adopt the idea of dressing as a scarecrow is that it is quite easy way.
Read on to know more about scarecrow costume for Halloween.
Scarecrow Halloween Costume Ideas
- To dress up as a scarecrow, you will need a pair of old baggy
pants and shirt.
- Tear 1 inch wide strips, about 4-5 inches long, out of yellowish
- Glue the strips to the shirt, in a way that they hang from the
sleeves and neck opening. At the same time, attach them to the
bottom of the pant legs.
- Take some clean hay or straw, to use as stuffing for costume.
It's best to wear clothing beneath the pants and shirt, so that the
straw doesn't scratch your skin too much.
- Cut a few lengths of rope to tie around your waist, wrists and
ankles. This works to help hold the straw in place, while further
lending a homespun look to your scarecrow.
- Paint your face to appear as though it has been stitched into
- To add some finishing touches, use scraps of different colored
material and glue patches all over your pants and shirt.
- Top off your scarecrow costume with a straw hat and even a fake
bird perched on your shoulder.